Sunday, August 28, 2005

Annoy a radical cleric, buy a scooter

Recently a lot of talk has been about gas prices, global warming, terrorist fund-raising coming from the gas pump, and peak oil. It's enough to make anyone who drives a car depressed. Especially the discussion about gas prices. We are a typical family who has two cars, both Volvos. They're great cars, but my husband and I reappraised the situation over the weekend. My husband is a full time college student and I am the primary breadwinner in our family. But driving two cars that get about 21 MPG can get expensive. Did we really need two family cars? Getting a hybrid like a Prius would be nice, but they are expensive and there is a waiting list. So my husband asked me, "What would get the same kind of gas mileage as a hybrid and costs 75% less?" I had no idea what he was talking about, then he told me he wanted to get a motorcycle or a scooter. We debated the merits of the two.

He wanted a motorcycle because it's masculine.
I liked the scooter because it has storage space, a motorcycle doesn't.



And they make scooters that look a lot like motorcycles.

A real motorcycle.

So if you know anyone who wants a 1995 Volvo 850 GLT Sedan. Midnight Blue, Automatic transmission, multi-CD player, with about 95K miles. Please drop a line to nopt4lent_at_aol_dot_com or phinky_at_usa_dot_com. Please include your phone number in your e-mail so we can contact you.

|
Lilypie Baby Ticker