Sunday, August 21, 2005

What century are we living in?

According to this Crooks and Liars clip another reason why invaded Iraq has fallen to the wayside. Remember the reasons?

1. Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.
O.K. where are they?

2. Iraq was directly involved with 9/11.
Saddam and other corrupt Middle Eastern regimes are number one on al-Qaeda's hit list. In fact toppling these regimes and reinstating the Caliphate (whatever that means) is al-Qaeda's goal. Al-Qaeda hates the US because we are in the way of al-Qaeda achieving that goal.

3. Bring Western style democracy to the Middle East.
Well this asshole from the American Enterprise Institute and Director of the Middle East Initiative for the Project of the New American Century doesn't believe that women's rights are important for a democracy.

What the fuck?!?!?! I thought one of the reasons we fought this war was to get rid of the rape rooms and to end honor killings. To make Iraq a shining example for the Middle East. Now I find out that my government thinks the rights of women is open for negotiation? I thought America was the most powerful country in the world and could impost its will on anyone. I guess my rights are not that important.

So why did Casey Sheehan die in Iraq? His mother is waiting for an answer Mr. President. So am I.

|
Lilypie Baby Ticker