Saturday, May 06, 2006

Momma's got a new set of wheels

I did it. I bought a VW Jetta TDI. It has a diesel engine, manual transmission, satellite radio. It has the features of a luxury car. So far I have gotten 40 miles to the gallon. Who needs a hybrid that runs on ordinary gasoline?

Did you know that the diesel engine was originally developed to run on peanut oil? Biodiesel is not old french fry grease. It does have to be refined and the glycerin must be removed by transesterification. Basically, the ingredients are vegetable fat, lye, and alcohol. Ironically, the closest biodiesel retailer to my area is at a Citgo station at the Pentagon. But if you drive on I-395 South from Washington DC, you will see the Pentagon's solar farm on the right. Why is the Department of Defense so defiant of the administration and its special interest groups? And does FauxNews know about this?

|
Lilypie Baby Ticker